It’s that time of year when all those April showers have payed off and the rhubarb in the garden is finally starting to turn that vibrant red. Nothing says spring/summer around here like fresh rhubarb desserts! I feel like rhubarb is one of those underrated….vegetables. I think it’s a vegetable, no seeds means vegetable right? Anyways, this rhubarb tart is one of my favorite desserts to whip up Tart chunks of rhubarb, a sweet crunchy topping, plus a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you have yourself the perfect spring/summer dessert!
- 5 cups of rhubarb, sliced into ½ inch pieces (around 8 stalks depending on size)
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- ½ tbsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ cup salted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mound rhubarb in and 8×8 baking dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine dry ingredients and then cut in your cold butter cubes. I tend to work it with my hands to get it to the consistency of beach sand.
- Sprinkle evenly on top of the rhubarb and bake for 45 minutes.
- Allow to sit for around 30 minutes at room temperature and then serve
It’s super delicious with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream. Store leftovers in the fridge.
I hope you enjoy this easy dessert! What are some of your go to rhubarb recipes?