There are some recipes that I just don’t make as often as I should. This tart is one of them. With crunchy walnuts, funky blue, salty prosciutto and fragrant pears this tart hits sweet and salty in all the best possible ways. It’s also quite pretty, so it looks fancy even though it’s very easy to put together. Serve with a salad for lunch or a yummy dinner. It would even make a great brunch addition.
Pear and Prosciutto Tart
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 bosc pear, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
- 5-6 slices prosciutto
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 415F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large saucepan over low heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter until melty. Add the onion slices. Toss them occasionally,
caramelizing them until they’re a deep brown, about an hour. It seems like a long time but it will be SO worth it.
- Unroll your pie crust on a the parchment paper and evenly arrange the onions in the center. Top with sliced pears (fanned out), blue cheese, walnut pieces and the prosciutto strips.
- Fold the outer two inches of dough into the tart, kind of overlapping.
- In a small bowl make your egg wash by lightly beat the egg with a tablespoon of water. Brush the egg wash over the outer crust and top with some fresh black pepper. (so pretty)
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes, slice and serve!