As I get older I’m trying to move away from giving stuff. We have stuff everywhere, our homes are overflowing with stuff and we really don’t need more. Food is always nice because it’s consumable but if you are looking for something a little different, here are some ideas for the holiday season that are mostly, “stuff” free.
Gifts For Adults
Who doesn’t love getting tickets to a favorite band or an upcoming theater performance? I love having something to look forward too.
- Sporting Event
- Flights to come visit you/you visit them ( a bit bougie but I don’t know your budget, no judgement)
Another thing to look forward too and mark on their calendar.
- Escape Room ( so much fun!)
- Family Photo Session – check with local photographers to see when they might be doing mini sessions, or a photography student.
- Planned Date Night- movie passes or a gift card to a restaurant, baby sitting if needed provided by you
- Invite them over for Dinner- theme dinners are always fun. If they have always wanted to go to Belgium, have a Belgian night.
- Unique Activity – White water rafting, beer bus or wine tasting, hot air balloon ride, etc
Do you have an art lover in your life or a hiking enthusiast? Local memberships are a great gift, and may not be something that they would buy themselves.
- Subscription to a streaming service -Prime, Netflix, Apple, Disney Plus
- Local Museum
- Parks Pass-National or State
- Beach Pass
- Lift Passes
- AAA Membership – the greatest gift they will hopefully never need to use!
You are never too old to learn something new!
- Cooking Class- many local bakeries, shops and colleges offer classes. There are also plenty online choices available, check out a list I found here.
- Music Lessons
- Dance Lessons
- Photography Course
Whether you treat yourself you a manicure or have your garden spruced up in the spring, it’s so nice to have someone else do something for you.
- Snow Removal for the Season
- Gardening Services
- Deep Clean Home Service
- Meal Delivery Service- search for coupon codes too, they are everywhere.
Who doesn’t like to travel?
- A Weekend Getaway- romantic or a friend trip. Getting away for a couple of days is always a treat.
- Airbnb gift cards
- Gas Cards for a Road Trip- Do they already have a trip planned? With gas prices still a little high, they will so appreciate gas cards!
Most kids get so many toys every year for holidays, birthdays, etc. There are many activities for kids to get involved in, but they don’t always fit into a parent’s budget. Which makes them the perfect gifts!
A great way for families to have memorable experiences all year long without breaking the bank.
- Children’s Museum
- Science Museum
- Subscription Box –KiwiCo or Little Passports now I understand that this does come with “stuff” but it’s educational “stuff”
Bigger experiences will definitely leave a lasting memory.
- A night in a fun hotel – Great Wolf Lodge seems to be the place but honestly any night in a hotel with an indoor pool is super fun for kids.
- Camping Trip
- A Backyard Sleepover complete with smores and ghost stories.
- Flights to visit family ( again a bit bougie but I don’t know your budget)
Getting out of the house for a few hours is always nice and the memories made will be even better.
- Movie Passes
- Amusement Park Passes
- Favorite Sports Team Tickets
- Disney On Ice/Sesame Live/Paw Patrol Live- these shows are made for children and they always have a blast.
- Bowling Passes
- Indoor/Outdoor Adventure -Trampoline Park, Mini Golf, Ropes Course
Kids have so many interests and being able to help them with lessons or a team is something that will last a lifetime.
- Sports Team Fee – soccer, basketball, baseball, etc
- Music Lessons
- Swimming Lessons
- Horsebacking Riding Classes
I hope these ideas of gifts inspire you to give more experiences and not things! What are some of your favorite gifts to give or receive?